About Me – Kauthar S.

Hi everyone! My name is Kauthar and I am a senior studying Medical Anthropology and Global Health with a minor in Bioethics. Although I was born on the small East African island of Zanzibar, I have lived in Bellevue Washington my whole life and would definitely consider it my second home. Outside of school and the study of health I enjoy fashion, brunching and traveling. I have been fortunate enough to visit many different places in the world and I hope to be able to apply my experiences to this class.

With this Spring being my final quarter here at the UW I really wanted to take classes that were different from what I am used to and forced me outside of my comfort zone. ARCHY 269 does exactly that! This is the second ARCHY class I have taken and because I have already fulfilled my ARCHY 200-level requirement for my major, my hope is to approach this class and what we learn through our coursework with more interest and intrigue. I am excited to learn even more about the field of archaeology and how it can expand my plate of knowledge!